3. GRAND PRIZE DRAWING: Each time you enter a Receipt Code, you are automatically entered into the Drawing described in Rule 5 below.
4. PARTICIPATING PEDIGREE® BRAND PRODUCTS: PEDIGREE® Adult Complete Nutrition (4.4 lb bag); PEDIGREE® Adult Complete Nutrition (3.5 lb bag); PEDIGREE® Adult Complete Nutrition (13.5 lb bag); PEDIGREE SMALL BREED® Nutrition (4.4 lb bag); PEDIGREE SMALL BREED® Nutrition (3.5 lb bag); PEDIGREE PUPPY® Complete Nutrition (4.4 lb bag); PEDIGREE® Adult Complete Nutrition (20.4 lb Bonus Bag); PEDIGREE® Adult Complete Nutrition (30 lb bag); PEDIGREE® 22 oz Beef Food for Dogs; PEDIGREE® 22 oz Chicken Food for Dogs; PEDIGREE® 22 oz Beef, Bacon & Cheese Food for Dogs; PEDIGREE® LITTLE CHAMPIONS® Beef & Cheese Pouch; PEDIGREE® LITTLE CHAMPIONS® Beef Pouch; PEDIGREE® LITTLE CHAMPIONS® Chicken Pouch; PEDIGREE® LITTLE CHAMPIONS® Beef/Chicken Pouch; PEDIGREE® DENTASTIX® Treats for Dogs (4 Pack); and PEDIGREE® MARROBONE® Treats for Dogs.
5. SELECTION OF GRAND PRIZE WINNER: Grand Prize winner will be determined from among all eligible entries received in a random drawing to be conducted on or before August 31, 2012 by independent representatives of Sponsor whose decisions are final.
6. PRIZES AND ODDS:One (1) Grand Prize: A 3-day/2-night trip for winner and one (1) travel companion to Nashville, Tennessee, including round-trip, coach-class air transportation from major commercial airport near winner’s home (as determined by Sponsor) to a major commercial airport near Nashville, Tennessee; two (2) nights’ accommodations (one (1) room/double occupancy) at a hotel determined by Sponsor; two (2) tickets to 2012 CMA AWARDS™ (the "Awards Show") scheduled to be held on November 1, 2012 in Nashville, Tennessee (tickets/seating determined by Sponsor), including behind-the-scenes tour and Awards Show dress rehearsal tickets (subject to availability and restrictions); ground transportation to/from airport/hotel; $500 prepaid debit card; $500 allowance for Spa Services at Opryland Hotel; and $1,000 spending money (awarded as a check made payable to winner). (If Grand Prize winner resides within 200 miles of Nashville, Tennessee, Sponsor reserves the right to provide ground transportation in lieu of air transportation for winner and travel companion. All other expenses not described above (including, but not limited to taxes, fees, meals, gratuities, insurance, incidentals, transfers and additional ground transportation) are the responsibility solely of the winner. Sponsor is not responsible for the postponement or cancellation of the Awards Show or unavailability of behind-the-scenes tour or Awards Show dress rehearsal tickets; if the Awards Show is postponed or cancelled, the Grand Prize will be awarded without tickets to the Awards Show on the same itinerary and no additional/substitute compensation will be provided. Sponsor is not responsible for issues arising from Awards Show venue operation and management that affect seating or otherwise. Sponsor is not responsible for any cancellation, delay, diversion, substitution, act or omission by air carriers or other transportation companies. A minor must be accompanied by his/her parent/legal guardian. Winner and travel companion must travel together on the same itinerary and must travel on dates specified by Sponsor or Grand Prize may be forfeited in its entirety. Travel is subject to availability and blackout dates. Additional restrictions may apply.) Approximate Retail Value ("ARV"): $5,000. One Hundred (100) First Prizes: each, a $20 DOLLAR GENERAL® Gift Card. Three Hundred (300) Second Prizes: each, a $10 DOLLAR GENERAL® Gift Card. Total ARV of All Prizes: $10,000. Gift cards are subject to terms and conditions of their issuer. All other prize details are determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Additional restrictions may apply. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the unlikely event that winning messages for any prize level are distributed in numbers greater than the number stated in these Official Rules for such prize level, the stated number of winners will be selected in a random drawing from among all verified prize claims received for that prize level. Odds of winning a First Prize of Second Prize depend upon the number of participants entering Receipt Codes and the date and time of each Receipt Code Entry. Odds of winning the Grand Prize depend on the number of eligible entries received. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. No other substitution or transfer of prizes is permitted. Sponsor is responsible only for delivery of prizes; not responsible for prizes utility or otherwise. All applicable taxes, fees and expenses are the responsibility solely of the winners.
7. ELIGIBILITY: This Sweepstakes is open to individual legal residents of the 48 contiguous United States (excluding District of Columbia, Idaho, Maine, Montana, North Dakota, Oregon, Rhode Island, Washington and Wyoming (collectively, the "Excluded States")) who are the age 18 or older as of July 23, 2012, except employees (and their immediate families and members of the same household) of Sponsor, Dollar General Corporation and their respective officers, employees, directors, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents and advertising and promotion agencies (collectively, the "Released Parties").
8. VERIFICATION OF WINNERS AND DELIVERY OF PRIZES: All winners are subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. Grand Prize winner will be notified via overnight delivery service, mail, email and/or telephone using the contact information provided at time of entry. The Grand Prize winner will (and each other winner may) be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and liability release and, where permitted, a publicity release. Entry into the Sweepstakes constitutes each winner’s agreement to sign such releases. Grand Prize winner’s travel companion will be required to sign a liability release. Any prize may be awarded to an alternate winner if affidavit/release is not returned within ten (10) days after mailing to winner, if prize notification or prize is returned as undeliverable or if winner does not respond to an email or other communication within ten (10) days after the date sent. If a prize is won by a minor, it may be awarded in the name of his/her parent/legal guardian in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Each winner agrees to use of his/her name, address, likeness and/or prize information for promotional purposes (including a winner’s list) in any medium without additional compensation to the extent permitted by law, any such use with respect to a minor to be subject to prior approval of his/her parent or legal guardian. Prize claims and entries are the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Allow 6-8 weeks for delivery of prizes. Unclaimed First and Second Prizes will not be awarded.
9. GENERAL: This Sweepstakes is void in the Excluded States, outside the 48 contiguous United States and where prohibited or restricted by law. This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is governed by the internal laws of the State of Delaware. Any and all legal actions or claims arising in connection with this Sweepstakes must be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction within the United States. The Released Parties are not responsible for late, lost, stolen, damaged, garbled, incomplete, misaddressed, postage due or misdirected entries, mail or communications, for errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects or delays in operations or transmission of information, in each case whether arising by way of technical or other failures or malfunctions of computer hardware, software, communications devices or transmission lines or data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry materials, loss or otherwise. Further, the Released Parties are not responsible for electronic communications which are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind, or insufficient space in any entrant's e-mail account to receive e-mail messages. The use of automated software or computer programs to register for or enter the Sweepstakes is prohibited and any individual who uses, attempts to use or who Sponsor suspects of using such methods to register or play will be disqualified. Sponsor reserves the right to restrict registrations and/or entries from any IP address if a suspicious registration and/or entry is detected or suspected, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. The Released Parties disclaim any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with, this Sweepstakes, and reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend this Sweepstakes if any virus, bug, technical failure, unauthorized human intervention or other cause beyond Sponsor’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes. In the event of any such cancellation, termination or suspension, a notice will be posted at www.dollargeneral.com and a random drawing to award the Grand Prize will be held from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to such time. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant (and all of his/her entries) from this Sweepstakes or any other promotion conducted now or in the future by Sponsor or any of its affiliates if he/she tampers with the entry process, attempts to circumvent the terms of these Official Rules or if his/her fraud or misconduct affects the integrity of this Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to correct clerical or typographical errors in promotional materials. By participating in this Sweepstakes, each entrant accepts the conditions stated in these Official Rules, agrees to be bound by the decisions of the judges and Sponsor and warrants that he/she is eligible to participate in this Sweepstakes. By accepting a prize, each winner agrees to release the Released Parties from any and all liability, loss or damages arising from or in connection with the awarding, receipt and/or use or misuse of a prize or participation in any prize-related activity. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
10. WINNERS NAMES: To obtain a list of winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: PEDIGREE® Sweepstakes, Catapult Marketing, 700 12th Avenue South, Suite 301, Nashville, TN 37203. Request must be received by August 19, 2012. Winners list will be sent after winner selection and verification.
11. SPONSOR: Mars Petcare US, Inc., 315 Cool Springs Blvd., Franklin, Tennessee.
®/™ trademarks ©Mars, Incorporated 2012. DOLLAR GENERAL Logo is a registered trademark of Dollar General Corporation. Other trademarks are property of their respective owners.